Россия, Москва, 117335, ул. Архитектора Власова, д.3
Тел./факс +7 (495) 626-28-57
“Zapovedniks” Environmental Education Centre
The Zapovedniks Ecocentre was established in 1996.
Main Organizational Goal: Raise the effectiveness of Russia’s specially protected natural areas and instill in the public an understanding of the unique qualities and importance of those areas to the country’s present and future.
The main work of the Zapovedniks Ecocentre includes the following:
- Protected Areas Seminary learning centre, which conducts training activities and seminars, and arranges internships in Russia and abroad for protected area staff members, non-commercial ecological organizations, and businesses;
- Social projects in rural areas and development of citizen initiatives connected with the conservation of the natural and cultural heritage of specially protected areas;
- Environmental education activities in specially protected natural areas. Coordination of national “Friends of Protected Islands” children’s and youth movements;
- Ecological tourism in protected natural areas and rural tourism in areas adjacent to those territories;
- “Burunduk” (“Chipmunk”) International Volunteer Centre, including development of volunteer projects supporting protected natural areas as well as corporate volunteer sponsorship of those areas;
- Infrastructure planning for development of environmental education and tourist learning activities in specially protected natural areas (ecological trails and informational/visitor centers from conception to completion);
- Publication of “Protected Islands” magazine, methodological materials and support of the websites http://www.wildnet.ru and http://www.greenclick.ru
Ulitsa Arkhitektora Vlasova, 3
Moscow 117335 Russia
Phone/fax: +7 (495) 626-28-57